Thursday, April 05, 2007

Knit Purl Hurl

Even though Jess has pestered me many times to join her and other tipsy knitters on Tuesday nights at The Pharmacy Bar, this is only my second time around. This time I managed to do a ton more drinking than knitting. Hurling I avoided. I got to see several skeins of Karida's hand dyed yarn that she sells under the label Neighborhood Fibers. In return I let her try on my newly FO. It's difficult to interpret my cell phone pics, so I'll give you a little guided tour:

Basically the lacy red item on Karida's head is knitted lingerie. On Karida's left is the beautiful happy drunk Libby.

This is also only my second time in the physical presence of Libby. I talk to her on the phone every week asking her questions like, "Do you have color #117 in Aurora 8?" (work conversations). This time we were able to talk about more personally pertinent subjects like birth control and the weather in Chicago and Montreal.
Other highlights of the evening were the vegan margarita cupcakes created by the talented Jess. Yum yum.

To top the evening off, Dav drove by after his circus arts festival meeting and picked my drunk ass up and drove me Laurie's where I was house sitting. He's so good to me.

1 comment:

Karida said...

everyone should wear underpants on their head!