Friday, April 20, 2007

Post for Jess



Thanks to Jess I have conquered (well almost) the brioche stitch in flat with two colors. Because the stitch requires one row of each color in order for the striping to occur, she sugested that I use circular or DPNs so I could slide my work from one side to the other to retrieve the correct color. Otherwise working back and forth would create two rows in one color instead of the desired one.


I originally saw this striping in hat patterns that you knit in the round so retrieveing colors was not an issue. Overall it seems to be working well. This is my first project ( a scarf by the way) in Brioche and I love the rhythm it creates. *yo, sl 1, k2tog* It gets a little more complicated with the two colors because part of the time you're working from the wrong side so you have to do a p2tog in place of the k2tog, but I've been taking cues completely visually. Sorry I've probably lost the non-knitters (or "muggles" as some knit bloggers like to call you) that may happen to read my blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! I want to rip my artyarns one out and make it more like yours. awsome.