Friday, November 03, 2006

Frustration Venting: thanks blog

Today I worked on my solo for Malina's show. I hate making solos for myself! I knew this would be a headache for me but I really wanted to do this performance for Malina. I'm sure it'll turn out just fine but I'm fighting with the music right now. It seems that in my search for interesting and engaging music I picked a piece that was really hard to choreograph to. Maybe it's just me though. I need to stop analyzing every second of movement and worrying if it sucks or not. It's less than a week away!

I'm currently sitting at a comfy coffee house in College Park. It's nice to get out of the house even though I'm still sucked to the computer. Dav picked me up from the subway after a lecture he went to at the University of Maryland. When he picked me up he mentioned that NYU peeps are much cooler than College Park peeps. Who knows where I'll end up? I like the unknown but I hope I can adjust to the new place we end up quickly enough that I don't go batty. I like new places but I take a long time to settle in to a new environment. Have to end up somewhere. Dav and I just need to make it through this sluggish year of uninspired togetherness. The sluggishness and the uninspiredness is lame but the togetherness is great. Not that I'm not looking for inspiration. More on that later.

No comments: