Thursday, August 16, 2007

Home (picture heavy)

I am finally home sweet home. Yesterday was my first day to wander around the neighborhood. Dav and I walked around a bit and purchased a few little things for our place (bath mat from the thrift store, light bulb, copied the key, a squeegee for the shower, and food). We went to the original Pete's coffee shop for breakfast. Yum yum! The train is a little further away than we thought but biking here is so easy that I'll be in super god shape and maybe save a little on train fares. Dav found out that Feldenkrais Resources is literally around the block from us. He will be able to take workshops and teach there soon. If his session in New York is canceled because of low attendance then he can easily join the group that's training here around the block. There is also a nice little cafe around the block that is cheap and vegetarian friendly. We are hoping to conserve money as much as possible so we will be cooking and packing lunches mostly. The place is really weird. I think it'll work well for us. It's a big warehouse converted into a group house of about 7 rooms. Dav and my room is the most removed and has its own shower and sink. I still have to put something on to go visit the toilette in the adjacent room. There are two kitchens and two laundry set-ups and I think 4 bathrooms in total. The skylights in most of the building are great. They let in tons of light! For most of the day I don't have to bother with turning a light on in the room 'cause it's so bright!

Zion

Enough with the chit chat and on with the fun stuff. Pictures! For the most part the trip across country was enjoyable but the last part going to Zion was the best part. I have pictures from Arches and Zion to share. We also stopped off in Vegas and gambled away $5 on slots and then had an awesome Japanese buffet for lunch after walking through the dry 118 degree weather! (no pictures from that).


Can you see me? Arches wildlife

arches arches


arches

arches

The heat!

arches arches


arches


archesarches



Angel's Landing trail (all the way to the top!)

Zion

Hang on! We're almost there.

Zion

ZionZion

Wasabi and a loaf

Zion

Check out my flikr page if you want to see more. meghanballog is my user name.

Ciao


No comments: