Saturday, March 03, 2007

Color



The sun is out and all the snow has melted away. I've decided this is the time for pretty colors so after the knitting class that I taught (by the way it went really well and several people immediately signed up for the second class afterwards) I would get a manicure. Those of you reading this probably know this is not a common past time of mine. I think the last time I went was several years ago after being coaxed by a friend.
The past few days on my walk to and from work (about a 13 min walk) I've seen several bright little flowers blooming. Maybe this far south it's not that uncommon to see flowers this early in March, but it seems a little out of place for me. Regardless, I've been enjoying them. What I'm trying to say in my loopy way is that my fingers felt they needed to be colorful too.
It was then on my ride home on the Metro that I realized it was great fun to watch my colorful fingers dancing around while I knit on my socks. I now have shiny pink spots floating in front of my eyes while I'm knitting. Hee hee! I feel so girly.


Here is a better picture of my socks. The design is called "Monkey" by the wonderful Cookie whose pattern is free on Knitty.com. It's knit in Cherry Tree Hill "java".


And while I'm in the mood of sharing pictures of knitting here is a picture of my first displayed item at Stitch DC. It's nothing that fancy but fun to have people ooh and ahh and buy yarn because of it. It's the ballet T out of Loop-D-Loop with double strands of a worsted hand dyed cotton. Super soft but I don't remember the name of it off hand.











I also have a fun colored hat that I'm working on at the moment but out of caution that my sister might actually read this post before receiving her birthday present (the hat) I've decided to wait on posting it.

No comments: