Friday, October 27, 2006

perseverance vs stubborness


One quality that I know someone must have when knitting is perseverance! Last night I was working on a cardigan I had started on the bus back from NY when I realized that my new stitch counting method has holes. "2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 2, 4, 6, 8, 20..." caused me to be off by exactly ten stitches. I was in disbelief and denial for quite some time and took a little computer break to come back to it later. Unfortunately I was still ten off. After frogging the entire project last night I am finally back to the point that I had reached previously. Probably about 4hours of work. This time I have the right amount of stitches.
Anyway, just so this isn't a boring knitting blog about mishaps, I thought I would elaborate on my thoughts on perseverance. I feel like most of the time I term this quality negatively by saying I'm stubborn. I'm hoping that my knitting project will turn into something great and not a waist of time. Maybe I can rephrase my stubbornness in life into perseverance with an outcome of "great."
It was out of perseverance that Dav and I are together, so why not feel like my dancing will be great after perseverance and not just stubbornness? I don't know if anyone is able to follow my train of thought with this blog. Give me a break! This is just my second posting and I hated English class.

No comments: