Thursday, October 26, 2006

100's of sour patch kids later...


It's still early in the day which is a good thing for me cause without Dav around I've been sleeping in later and later each day. At the last minute I decided to get up and dig through my ever diminishing bowl of coins in order to come up with one more dollar to pay for tap class. I think the dollar ended up composed of 2 quarters, 2 dimes, 3 nickels, and 15 pennies. I apologized to the girl behind the desk mainly because I was embarrassed about my pile and not because I lacked confidence in her ability to handle the coins. Was this a status issue for me?
How retarded is our system when pennies are more of an inconvenience than worth anything? At least when I was little a penny was worth a piece of candy. If you had a whole dollar then you were rich and destined to have a sore mouth from sour patch kids. Luke is a true thrifty environmentalist when I see him take the time to bend over and pick up each and every dirty penny he passes. You're awesome Luke! Maybe all my problems will be solved if I come to terms with my relationship to pennies. I need to go back in time to my youthful ways and admire the penny. Or maybe inflation has just doomed us all.
Here is a little trivia for penny lovers or inspired lovers. good ol' wiki

No comments: